July 3, 2011

home of the brave

its fourth of july weekend!  patriotisim at its finest... and my sweet daddy is over in one of the -ghan countires defending our freedom.  say a prayer for my hero please.



we are officially home from god's glorious beach.  i'm happy in a way, but i certainly miss the smell of the salt and the feel of the ocean breeze.  i've almost got my laundry under control...the husband has been helping out, because otherwise....


it would look like this in our room.  learning to laundry in a timely manner has been one of my goals in becoming a wife. 

back in the day....you know like a year ago....my roommates and myself did not do laundry until we had no clean underwear.  we also didn't do dishes in a timely manner that is expected by blake :) 

so one day, after an adventure with my sweet lauren.....


my roommate for a year, my daughter for life.  we come in to find blake emptied the entire kitchen and cleaned the entire place!  he set up a pickle jar with a sign that said, "25 cents for dirty dishes in the sink."  i think lauren and i laughed  at his attempt to get us to clean for three days.   he hasn't changed after seven months of marriage.  bless his sweet heart.  at least i'm trying.

p.s.  everyone should come in contact with my lauren.  she truly is much like a daughter to me, granted out 2 year age difference. 

i hope that everyone has a safe and free fourth of july weekend!

to the moon and back-

casey

No comments:

Post a Comment